The student news site of A. C. Reynolds High School.

Cedar Cliff News

TOP 10 NETFLIX SHOWS YOU’D BINGE WATCH ALL DAY LONG!

It’s a Friday night, you get invited out with some friends, but you want to stay at home and have multiple blankets on you in a dark room with your eyes glued to a TV or laptop on Netflix. Which would you rather do? Correct! Watch Netflix, possibly invite your friends and watch your favorite show with you! Here are some of the top 10 most viewed Netflix shows worldwide that you would totally watch over and over again!

Orange Is The New Black

Orange Is The New Black, (also known as OITNB) is the most viewed Netflix TV series on Netflix that consists of a bunch of women in prison. It starts out with a 30 year old woman by the name Piper Chapman who is sentenced to 18 months of prison for transporting drug money in suitcases for her girlfriend Alex Vause. “I find the show very intriguing,” sophomore Katie Yates tells about the show. “It makes me wonder what it is like in prison.” You’ll find this in “Netflix Originals” or in “Most Popular.

The Walking Dead

The Walking Dead is based off a series of comic books. It is an American horror drama-filled show that is about a sheriff deputy named Rick Grimes who appears in a coma after getting shot from a escaped convict. Rick wakes up 60 days later with no one in the hospital and finds out the world is taken over by zombies (walkers) and tries to find his family, and also has some encounters with some new people. “”I like the Walking Dead because I like the storyline and how personal the characters are,” sophomore Raina Stewart tells me.The Walking dead is one of the most viewed TV Series in the world! If you like blood and such, go watch it! Season 8 has just started.

The Vampire Diaries   

This thrilling, supernatural drama is based off the books “The Vampire Diaries” is about a girl named Elena Gilbert who lives in Mystic Falls who has an encounter with a vampire named Stefan Salvatore. Little does Elena know that Stefan is a vampire, she runs into Damon Salvatore who is Stefan’s somewhat old brother. They form a unknown love triangle and some encounters with some characters. All bold and supernatural. Senior Jojo Henrickson told me that he likes the show  “because the Salvatore brothers are really cute and they are a great group of actors who act well together so it’s not so cheesy. Also I love the love triangle and the action in the show.” All fun and games until someone falls in love with a family of brothers!

Stranger Things

This well known Netflix thriller is about when a young boy disappears, his mother, a police chief, and his friends must confront paranormal activities in order to get him back. The friends play a game and some strange things happen leading up the boy’s disappearance. Sophomore Drew Johnson told me “It’s an extremely well written show that takes on a nostalgic theme.” They have thrilling plot twists and well written scripts. “The characters are original and the story plot is really good. It is a suspenseful show and keeps me intrigued.”

The Gilmore Girls 

This American comedy is about a single mother and her daughter that have the same name. They are normal people who live in a fictional town called Stars Hallow. The show is based on similarities like family, friendship, romance, tragedy, and social class. Freshman Kate Houston told me about it. “I like the Gilmore Girls because it’s a cute show about how they have to deal with being so close in age.” If you’re looking for a teenage drama filled show.

Fuller House 

This is an Netflix original American comedy sequel that is about a fun filled family that are returning cast members all grown up in San Francisco. They have a fun time as they return with new little ones in this and guest stars! Junior Lupe Correa  tells me “I like the show because it brings out memories from when I was younger, watching Full House. I used to watch that show with my siblings and they were growing when I was growing up and now it’s Fuller House.” Do you have a full house? I recommend this!

Game Of Thrones

This fantasy drama is about a British empire that is based off a series of books called “A Song of Ice and Fire”. They have families and people fighting for a title from Senior Michael Wilson tells me that “I like Game of Thrones because I like the story behind it.  I like the characters and you never know where the shows going to go.  You think something’s going to happen but something completely different happens.” This is one of the most viewed violent shows in TV history. “You just can’t predict where it’s going to go.” Wilson also tells me. This series is not on Netflix at this time, but will be available soon, if needed. It is on HBO streaming episodes.

American Horror Story

This horror show is very popular in the teenage stage.  Each series has a different type of setting. These series have to do with a backstory to a past scene which now leads to their plot of the actual series. Season One starts out with A murder house, Season Two starts out in a asylum, etc. Junior Briana Shimkus tells me that “because it’s different and creepy and it expands your mind that it brings out such horror.” If you’re into scary and creepy things, I really recommend watching this show.

Park and Rec

This is a political comedy that has actress Amy Poehler as Leslie Pope.A local nurse named Ann Perkins, demands Leslie to make the abandoned lot beside her house to a park after her boyfriend fell in and broke both of his legs. Sophomore, Chris Bridges tells me,“I really love all the characters especially Ron Swanson, cause he’s amazing.” If you love political things, watch this!

Grey’s Anatomy

This medical drama is about surgeons’ lives in the hospital they work in. They show tons of accidents and how it is in an actual hospital. A woman named Meredith Grey sleeps with a man named Derek Sheppard that little did she know was her new boss at her new workplace. She is an intern for the local hospital “Seattle Grace Hospital.” Zachary Dillingham, a junior, tells me “I like the show because it is a medical show about surgeons and I want to be a surgeon so I like watching it and learning more about medical stuff.” I recommend this show to medical loving and drama loving people!

I hope you pick one of these 10 shows! They are all different types of shows for different types of people. Thanks for reading!funny-netflix-facebook-comment