The student news site of A. C. Reynolds High School.

Cedar Cliff News

AP testing

Madeline Garner, Reporter

Lots of students take advanced placement (AP) classes. AP classes can be very stressful and very challenging, but they pay off in the end. If you make a good grade on the final exam for an AP class, then there is a chance, depending on what school you go to, you won’t have to take that class when attending college. In order to get a good grade on the final exam one has to study very hard. Many people create steady study tactics to help them. Everyone has their own way of studying, here are some useful study tactics you can use while you’re preparing.

Good study habits are a key part of making the grade you want on the exam. Princeton Review makes big books that are very helpful and many students buy them to help with studying. In these books there is information on just about everything you learn in your AP class. By looking over the information and taking notes, you solidify the facts and things you need to remember. Also, in the study books are multiple practice exams. Taking practice exams are one of the best things someone can do to study. By taking practice exams you get prepared for the real test and can feel the pressure and be ready. Lastly, another great thing to do is take some time to go back through everything that is in your binder. Every note, every worksheet, every homework assignment. This helps to trigger your memory and remember what you had learned in the class.

Three seniors Grace Puffer, Kara Arroyo, and Sammi Fox who have all taken many AP exams before gave some advice. “Take it easy, go by units instead of sections. Take care of yourself by drinking water and sleeping” says Grace Puffer. Kara said “Don’t overthink it and do the reward system where you read a certain paragraph and reward yourself with a gummy bear or something”. Finally, Sammi Fox said “Make sure to study before you go to sleep and right when you wake up”.

So take some time each night a few weeks before your exam to study. By reading what is in the Princeton Review, taking practice tests, and by looking back at everything that is in your binder, you are fully preparing yourself for the exam. For more on preparing for exams visit: https://apstudent.collegeboard.org/takingtheexam/preparing-for-exams