The student news site of A. C. Reynolds High School.

Cedar Cliff News

New Christmas albums you’d crave to listen to this Holiday season!

Hannah Williams

Christmas is just around the corner and everyone loves to listen to Christmas music. But whats better than Christmas music? New Christmas music!  These are a few fun filled albums that have just recently come out this year!

Pentatonix

The well known,  group Pentatonix  just delivered us new holiday harmony on October 24th, 2016 titled “A Pentatonix Christmas”. This is a group consisting five members, Scott Hoying, Mitch Grassi, Avi Kaplan, Kirstin Maldonado, and Kevin Olusola. This album consists of them singing covers of traditional Christmas song such as “O Come, All Ye Faithful”, “Coventry Carol”, and “God Rest Ye Merry, Gentleman” , and some written songs by them. Sophomore, Aliyah Morrow tells me “I like the way their voices sounded because throughout all of their songs they gave me goosebumps and chills and I like their style.”

Avril Lavigne

Your elementary school idol is possibly coming out with a Christmas album. Avril Lavigne is well known for her songs “Complicated”, “Sk8r Boy”, and “My Happy Ending.” She is now returning after her 2013 album, Goodbye, Lullaby. She is writing in the process as of right now and is very excited to share her new music. “Avril Lavigne was my idol when I was younger and I’m happy that she is coming out with some new music.” Sophomore, Kylie Wooten tells me. I’m sure she will be rocking it!

Rascal Flatts

Rascal Flatts is giving pretty exciting news to his fans this Christmas! After the making of 16 albums the past years, they have confirmed that he coming out with a Christmas album this year. Sophomore, Christopher Page tells me “I’m excited for his new album because they have really good music and they are very talented and I can’t wait to hear their new music.”

The Killers

That’s right! This killer band is coming out with a Christmas album on December 9th. The album is available today as an iTunes/Apple Music exclusive. They stream their old songs “Don’t Waste Your Wishesand revisit the Killers’ 2009 video for “Don’t Shoot Me Santa.” due to their old Christmas songs that were never in an album. Freshman Will Poteet tells me, “I didn’t know they were coming out with an album so soon, but I am now especially excited because they are one of my favorite bands and I’d like to hear how they have changed and also their music for Christmas.”

Garth Brooks

Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood will release their very first joint album January 2017, a holiday collection called “Christmas Together”. This album contains a bunch of written songs, for them to duet together with. “Christmas Together” is out November 11th, the same day Brooks releases his 10-disc box set, The Ultimate Collection, only found at Target, the Christmas album is featured in the collection, two weeks prior before the actual Christmas album releases. Freshman Ellie Owenby tells me that she is very excited. “I’m eager to find out how his Christmas album contributes to their country sound.”

Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani

Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani are going to be making a Christmas album! They confirmed that they are going to have tons of country and a little hint of pop in this album with a ton of unique turns in the music. Junior Briana Shimkus tells me, “I love their voices together, they are both talented.” What’s even merrier is that they are getting married next year!